Many college girls are all familiar with the working while going to college story. There are so many things they want to do (like shopping!), but the costs of being in college leaves them with very little spending money to do anything fun.
However, the rise of technology in the fashion world is giving females the opportunity to combine a love for fashion with the need to make some spending money. Below are a few suggestions to use those fashion skills to earn a little extra income on the side:
1. Become a YouTube Vlogger
Along the same lines as fashion blogging is YouTube video blogging or “vlogging”. The popularity of vloggers is growing at an insanely rapid pace, and there are tons of possibilities for the kinds of videos you can make. You could focus on make-up tutorials, fashion reviews, DIY projects,or anything else you’re passionate about. All you need to get started is internet access, a video camera, and a YouTube account!
Once you get a solid amount of YouTube subscriptions, you can apply to be a YouTube partner and start earning money off your videos through advertisements. Similar to fashion blogging, the only way to be successful as a vlogger is to stay consistent and update regularly. If you have a couple of hours to make a video every week, vlogging could be a great option to do something fun and creative while making some money on the side.
2. Become an Entrepreneur
If you’re a girl that loves crafting unique pieces of jewelry or sewing your own dresses, then you should consider selling your work. The perks of being an entrepreneur is that you can work as much or as little as your schedule allows. You could even grab a couple of friends and start a summer business as a way to hang out while earning money.
You could sell your products locally to family and friends, or you could venture to an online platform. E-Commerce sites like Etsy and Ebay are a great place to start selling your original work, because they cut down the costs required to start a business and increase the likelihood of people seeing your products.
Did you know that Sophia Amoruso, the founder of Nasty Gal, first started out selling her vintage finds on Ebay!? Take note from this successful entrepreneur and turn a fun hobby into a thriving business.
3. Sell on Fiverr.com
Fiverr is a micro-selling site where you can sell all kinds of random projects, from design work to simply recording yourself on video talking about a brand. We just wrote an article about how you can earn $10,000 by starting a Fiverr gig. It’s possible!
4. Become a Freelance worker
There is a lot of freelance work online.
You could also do something like proofreading or transcription work. Many bloggers and authors need proofreaders to make sure their writing is on point. You can learn how to get started proofreading for bloggers and others here.
One of the more popular ways to make money freelancing right now is by doing SEO consulting. If you’re a little savvy and analytical, you can make $75/hr or more. Check out this free SEO Consulting Course to get started.
5. Fill Out Online Surveys – If you have some time to spare online, you could spend it filling out online surveys. There are sites that will pay you to do so and it’s very easy. All you have to do is register, and these companies will contact you when they have a survey that fits your profile. Typically these are online market research surveys for big brands.
Some of the most popular online survey sites include:
- Survey Junkie – Earn cash and rewards for sharing your thoughts and opinions.
- Swagbucks Surveys – Swagbucks now has a dedicated survey section, and you can get $5 just for signing up.
- MyPoints – Earn a $5 giftcard for signing up, verifying your email, and for every 5 surveys you complete.
- Pinecone 18-24 – If you’re 18-24, you can earn $3 per survey with Pinecone.
- Pinecone – Earn about $3 for each survey you complete.
- Survey Spot – Earn cash and rewards for filling out surveys and sharing your opinion.
- Opinion Outpost – Earn cash for filling out surveys.
- QuickThoughts App – If you’re on your phone and want an easy app to fill out surveys, this is the way to go!
- Permission Research – This is a newer company that does surveys and panels for your online activities.
What do you think of these ideas? Have you had success as a blogger, vlogger, or entrepreneur? How do you use your fashion skills? What do you do to earn cash on the side? Also share your response in the comments !